Robert W. Leasure, Jr.
Bob Leasure has over 35 years of experience primarily in dealing with turnaround situations either in formal reorganizations or informal out of court reorganizations, has extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions or has held various leadership roles across numerous industries.
He founded and is the managing partner and president of LS Associates LLC (“LS”) a crisis management and turnaround firm formed in 2002 and headquartered in Louisville, Ky. As the managing partner and president of LS, Bob has worked with over 325 companies with debt ranging from $2M to $ 250M. LS serves clientele in both the United States and internationally in various industries.
Additionally since January 2019, Bob serves as the CEO and President of Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. (www.basi.com), a publicly traded pharmaceutical development company providing contract research services and instruments headquartered in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Bob has established a credible reputation and has developed many relationships with banks, finance companies, financial consultants and attorneys as well as a vast network of industry specific resources. He also has extensive experience in vendor negotiation, bank negotiations, identifying and recovering assets, creditor committee relations and as a Chapter 11 Trustee he has experience in research and forensic reviews in order to identify and recover assets and execute preference recoveries.
In addition to serving as a CEO and President, Bob’s professional experience includes:
Among others, Bob has specific financial and management experience in pharmaceutical- contract research organizations, highway construction, mining, manufacturing, real estate sales and development (both commercial and residential) , retail, distribution, auto and boat dealerships, oil and gas entities, funeral homes, assisted living centers, and agriculture and farming operations.
- Buying and selling companies and/or assets both in and out of bankruptcy and receivership.
- Structuring and facilitating numerous acquisitions, sales and refinancing deals specializing in lender negotiations.
- Completing successful turnarounds and orchestrated and facilitated the eventual sale of the businesses and/or financial restructuring.
- Leading companies through an orderly liquidation process with efforts to maximize the return for all creditors and shareholders.
- Serving as a Federal Court appointed Chapter 11 Trustee and providing financial advisory services in bankruptcy cases.
- Served in multiple districts including Southern District of Indiana, Southern District of New York, Western District of Kentucky, Eastern District of Kentucky, Northern District of Indiana, South Bend Division and the Southern District of West Virginia.
- As Trustee responsible for :
- Working with multiple federal agencies to comply with regulations and execute duties.
- Identified, sold, liquidated and recovered assets from multiple
- Serving as a state court appointed Receiver of assets and/or entities in multiple states including Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Arkansas, North Carolina and South Carolina.